Investing in a security system, no matter how big the business is, can be downright daunting. FromQuestion_Mark video surveillance and perimeter security to remote access and wireless security systems, businesses have the pick of the litter when it comes to keeping their employees and property safe.
When researching potential business security system providers, it is helpful to keep these five questions in mind.
- What do we actually need? Each security company will have its own idea on what is best for a business. Make sure to outline your needs with each company as to ensure all of the quotes at least meet the basic security needs of the company. Each security company will have different ideas on what solution will be best and it is important to know what you need and then consider the extra features once the basics needs are met.
- Do I own the equipment? Many security companies lease the security equipment to their customers. Once the contract is over the company will take back the equipment. Make sure to identify who owns the equipment ahead of time so there won’t be any surprises down the road.
- Will my insurance company give me a discount? Many insurance companies offer discounts for businesses who install security systems. While employee safety is always a top priority, it is also nice to save some money at the same time.
- Do you have references? All reputable security companies should be able to provide a list of at least three references of similar jobs that they have done. Don’t hesitate to ask for them. Installing a security system is a big investment and any additional information you can gather on the potential provider is a bonus.
- Is the customer service department accessible? Not all customer service teams are the same. Some may be across the country, some may require you to wait 20 minutes on hold before the next representative can asset you and some may be just down the street. In a crisis, it is always nice to receive prompt service and some companies may deliver better than others.
Now that you have your list of questions ready … go out and research! The right security provider is out there. You just need to find them!