If you’ve spent any time in Fresno, you’ve heard someone tell you to avoid Shaw Avenue if you plan to go somewhere in a hurry.
The City of Fresno has just completed a major traffic light syncing project on Shaw Ave., one that Sebastian had an integral role in.
The new system, recently featured in the news, will decrease traffic congestion, improve commute times, and reduce air pollution.
How We Helped
- As part of the Intelligent Transportation System project, we partnered with the city and other contractors to make sure this project was a success.
- Sebastian installed fiber optics underground, spanning from Freeway 99 to Highway 41 along Shaw Ave., Fresno’s second-busiest street.
- This fiber connects the street lights to computer systems that change signal patterns based on time of day and congestion
- The trip from Blackstone to Golden State Ave. (roughly from 41 to 99) is expected to drop from 25 to 16 minutes with the new system.
- Vehicle emissions are projected to drop by 34% during peak hours on Shaw Ave.
- We are currently working with the City of Fresno on future infrastructure projects.
Putting People First
We are proud of what we’ve accomplished, and know this will make Shaw Ave. a more functional route for people all over the Central Valley. We’ll be enjoying the improvements right along with you.