Google has decided to no longer provide their email service to internet service providers like Sebastian. This means that Sebastian must transition its email users from the Gmail platform to another mail platform. To continue using your @sebastiancorp.net email address, you will need to simply update a few of your settings and, in some cases, use Google Takeout to back up your information. Following the steps listed below will ensure that you will have a seamless transition from one platform to another.
We want to make the transition as easy as possible for you. This page will provide answers for the most frequently asked questions along with directions on updating your email settings. If at any time you run into any issues, please don’t hesitate to call our Help Desk at 888-232-7964.
How will this impact me?
That depends on how you use Sebastian’s email service.
- Your webmail service that you access from www.sebastiancorp.net will look different beginning the week of February 9th.
- Sebastian email accounts accessed through email software (such as Outlook, Apple Mail, Thunderbird, etc.) will no longer work beginning the week of February 9th unless specific updates are made to server settings. Directions to update your settings can be found further down on this page.
- Sebastian email accounts that are accessed on mobile devices (such as iPhone, Android, etc.) will no longer work beginning the week of February 9th unless specific updates are made to server settings. Directions to update your settings can be found further down on this page.
What are my new server settings?
- Incoming Server Name: mail.sebastiancorp.net
- Outgoing Server Name: smtp.sebastiancorp.net
- Username: Your email@example.com email address
What must I do to prepare for this email transition?
Consider how you use your @sebastiancorp.net email address.
- Do you use a common email software like Outlook, Apple Mail, Thunderbird, etc.?
- Do you access your email from a mobile device?
- Have you been using Google services beyond Gmail (bookmarks, calendar, messenger, etc.) with your @sebastiancorp.net account?
If you answered ‘Yes’ to any of the above questions, please follow the below links to step-by-step instructions designed to help you make any needed changes before the cutover, the week of February 9th.
How to make server setting updates to common email software:
How to make server setting updates to mobile devices:
How to archive your Google data (bookmarks, calendar, messenger, etc.) and not lose it, at the time of cutover:
What is the timeline for this transition?
Sebastian must move all email accounts on our sebastiancorp.net to another platform the week of February 9th so it is urgent that you update your settings now. We have sent multiple notices regarding this migration via email and phone over the past few months as we want to make sure this process is as smooth as possible. If you run into any issues our Help Desk is ready to assist you 24/7.
What if I have questions or get stuck?
Call our Help Desk at 888-232-7964 if you have questions at any point in this process. They are available to assist you 24/7.